The 'Three Sisters' & the Jameison Valley ...... one of the 'touristy' spots in the Blue Mountains National Park.

Whose 'Creative Corner' I hear you ask???

Hi, I'm Chris Bennett AKA 'Chris in Oz'. I live in the beautiful Blue Mountains west of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia (affectionately known as 'Oz' or 'The Land Down-Under'). I'm in my mid-50's, have been married for 30+ years to THE most wonderful man and I'm the PROUDEST MUM of 2 grown children. My DS is into photography and has taken some amazing shots. You can see some of them in 'Simon's Gallery'. My DD is a High School teacher who is committed to educating our youth of today. I was a Teacher/Assistant Principal in the field of Special Education for over 16 years until I retired in June 2004.

I've been involved in art and craft activities for most of my life and I became a 'stampaholic' and 'technique junkie' to 'save my sanity' after an injury in 2003. I began by making cards and slowly, but surely, became addicted to ATCs, hand-made books, altered books, boxes, bottles, tins, jigsaw puzzles and anything else that stands still long enough to be altered. I love texture and colour and I'm gradually stepping outside my comfort zone to experiment and explore other media and styles. Check out 'My Gallery' to see some more of my work.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I also take photos, I don't know how 'good' my photos are, but I just love to take them ...... so every now and then I might just sneak one in ...... I hope you don't mind!!! Well, not too much!!! LOL!!!

Tuesday, 16 February 2010

ONE WORLD - ONE HEART WINNERS!!!

And the Winners are......

Well, it's all over for another year. Congratulations and thanks to Lisa Swifka for her fabulous idea, as well as the commitment to carry it through. I know the amount of work is probably horrendous and I sincerely hope that Lisa realises how much we all appreciate her time and efforts in providing a 'vehicle' for us to travel the world to meet new and wonderful individuals along the way. I've said it before and I'm more than happy to say it again,

"Lisa, you rock!!!"

I also want to thank everybody who stopped by, whether you left a comment or not, and hope that you'll come back again. I actually managed to visit every blog again this year and thoroughly enjoyed each and every visit. I didn't leave a comment on every blog (still don't want to appear too greedy, LOL) and have added many to my 'must see' Google Reader list. Soon, I won't have any time to create, 'cos I'll be too busty visiting everyone else!!! LOL!!!

I've closed off my entry now and can announce that I receive3d 323 comments (only 1 duplicate) during the event. I've decoded to send out 6 gifts and have used the 'Random Integer Generator' to select the winning comments.

Random Integer Generator

Here are your random numbers:

31

49

182

134

259

229

Timestamp: 2010-02-15 22:59:05 UTC


The corresponding entries came from:

31 Robin from 'Around the Island'

49 Tanya from 'Starry Eyed'

134 Nancy from 'All Pulped Out'

182 'Manna Moon Studios'

229 Crystal from Cleveland, OHIO

259 Carrieann from 'Ametista'


My gifts will be on their way as soon as possible. I'm offering each winner a personal choice of give-away so it could take a while to complete six new pieces.

Again, thanks for a fantastic couple of weeks. I've experienced an absolutely wonderful time and have even found DH peeking over my shoulder a few times wondering where I was in the world and what exactly I was 'oohing and aahing' about.


Until next time......


Hugz

Chris in Oz

4 comments:

Robin said...

Thank you SO much - I'm really excited, I can't wait to see what you come up with.

OWOH has been so much fun, what a gift to be able to meet so many wonderful bloggers and talented artists.

Mana Moon Studios said...

How exciting, thank you so much!! I'm off to respond to your email ~ Sharon♥

Trudy Callan said...

I wanted to thank you for entering my OWOH Giveaway. It was great fun. It was so crazy with so many blogs to visit that it was hard to really take a look at each one. So I invite you to come back and take a look around both of my blogs and see what you think. If you like them, I hope you will consider signing up as a follower and/or placing my blog on your blog list so that you can better keep up with me and know when I post. Thank you for taking the time, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Have an awesome day!

Trudy
www.sewingwithrudy.blogspot.com
www.artisticcreationswithtrudy.blogspot.com

My 9 year old daughter's blog is www.sewingsister.blogspot.com if you would like to pay her a visit as well.

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Hi Chris!
I see you haven't posted since February but I wanted to come visit you and thank you for leaving such a sweet comment on my "blogging for newbies" post. I totally agree with you about the profiles...yours was very enticing, especially with that beautiful photo!!! Alot can be said in a profile...more people should have theirs filled out.
Thanks for stopping by!!!