The 'Three Sisters' & the Jameison Valley ...... one of the 'touristy' spots in the Blue Mountains National Park.

Whose 'Creative Corner' I hear you ask???

Hi, I'm Chris Bennett AKA 'Chris in Oz'. I live in the beautiful Blue Mountains west of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia (affectionately known as 'Oz' or 'The Land Down-Under'). I'm in my mid-50's, have been married for 30+ years to THE most wonderful man and I'm the PROUDEST MUM of 2 grown children. My DS is into photography and has taken some amazing shots. You can see some of them in 'Simon's Gallery'. My DD is a High School teacher who is committed to educating our youth of today. I was a Teacher/Assistant Principal in the field of Special Education for over 16 years until I retired in June 2004.

I've been involved in art and craft activities for most of my life and I became a 'stampaholic' and 'technique junkie' to 'save my sanity' after an injury in 2003. I began by making cards and slowly, but surely, became addicted to ATCs, hand-made books, altered books, boxes, bottles, tins, jigsaw puzzles and anything else that stands still long enough to be altered. I love texture and colour and I'm gradually stepping outside my comfort zone to experiment and explore other media and styles. Check out 'My Gallery' to see some more of my work.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I also take photos, I don't know how 'good' my photos are, but I just love to take them ...... so every now and then I might just sneak one in ...... I hope you don't mind!!! Well, not too much!!! LOL!!!

Sunday, 30 May 2010

"WHERE BLOGGERS CREATE II"


I don't normally participate in blog parties, but I'm really looking forward to this one. Karen Valentine from My Desert Cottage in Arizona has invited us all to the most gorgeous blog party, where we all get to 'drop in' to visit each others' studios/work spaces where we create. This is the second annual blog party that Karen has organised, I missed the first one and have been waiting patiently for this on e to come around. All you have to do, is share photos of your spot in your world, where your creations are made. Go and check out Karen's blog. You just might be inspired to join the fun and share your creative space too. I'll definitely be participating in this wonderful event on 19th June, 2010. Mmmm......now to just get my studio finished and organised enough to share with the rest of the world. If you don't believe me, just have a look at these photos and you'll realise just how much work I have to do in a very short space of time. I recently moved all of my 'stuff' down into our double garage.  The walls are dark brick so we decided to paint the room all white to brighten and lighten the space.

 
The table in the middle of this photo is for my original Apple G5.  I have upgraded to an iMac for our business, so I can keep this one down here for checking my mail and 'blurfing' (surfing blogs).  Now I don't have to walk up and down stairs all day.


These are the shelves that DH had built for my original studio upstairs; we re-situated them to display some of my supplies.  Seeing them, reminds me to use them!!!  LOL.




This section is very temporary. I still haven't decided what sort of shelving will go here. I need to wait to see how the rest of the room comes together before making a decision. I do know that the window will get a new silver/grey coloured aluminium blind. Ideally, I'd love some sort of kitchen bench with a sink, but I think that might be just a bit too much to ask for.


These boxes hold some of my supplies and all of my mounted stamps. My UM stamps are stored in the A4 folders.  The stamp boxes will be placed on top of 2 Ikea 'Expedit' 4X2 units and the filing cabinets will sit underneath a workbench that will be where I can stand up to work while using some of my larger tools - heat gun, guillotine, Cricut, Wizard etc.


These shelves will be replaced with some of the 'Billy' range from Ikea. Each unit will have glass doors covering the bottom half, while still allowing me to see what's stored in each unit.


This table will be replaced by a work bench that will enable me to stand while doing some of my work.  I'll probably buy an office stool for the bench as well.  The shelves in front of the garage door will be replaced by a 5X5 Ikea 'Expedit' unit with a TV and DVD player so I can watch my 'arty' DVDs while I work.


These photos show the 'work in progress' that will eventually be my studio. I know it's very untidy and disorganised. All I can ask is that you wish me luck and keep your fingers crossed that I get it all finished in time for Karen's blog party.

Until next time......


Hugz
Chris in Oz

5 comments:

Lovey said...

OMGoodness!! These shelves and your space is awesome!! I'm loving all the space you to have to create in!
Hey...c'mon back over to my blog...haven't seen you in a while.
Come Link Up with Me..
http://fabricphotomemories.blogspot.com/2010/05/beautiful-eye-candy-artist_22.html
Smiles,
Lovey

Rena Sawatski said...

Wow, Chris great craft room. I am so jealous LOL!

Now you will have to create more of your beautiful art. Kudos to your DH for doing such a fabulous job for you.

Kelvin & Melissa said...

Your 'room' is great. Such a great space.

Crystal said...

That is some beautiful space!!
Congratulations on your move
I am so sorry to hear about your father rip.
Hugz to you :)

Marcia Antle said...

OMG, I cannot believe you changed and remodeled spaces that quickly! Wow, I am truly impressed. Your room is gorgeous and I love how neat/orderly you are. I am an organized freak, so that really warms my heart! THanks for sharing. Marcy
www.queenmarcyoriginals.typepad.com